The plant covers 14 Sq. Km of area inclusive of bulk cargo terminal on the sea coast, conveyor systems, coal handling, electrical yards, main plant and a Central Management Unit. The customer uses automation technologies, the best process control systems and high safety standards across the plant.
- The steel manufacturing sector is highly competitive and faces continuous reduction in costs
- Highly aware and exposed to global trends
- Need for plant management with minimum manpower deployment
- Requires a highly available and robust plant surveillance including easy tracking and tracing mechanisms
- Deployment of network with backbone of multimode Fiber and Category 6 Structured Cabling across the plant
- 325 PTZ IP cameras with IR for night vision, capability to operate in high temperature and dirty environment. Cameras are SIP-compliant for interaction with supervision staff as needed.
- Network recorders, Switches and Routers in distributed manner, all connecting into the main control Hub
- Recorded video is uploaded to a Cloud-based storage in real-time with local access on authentication to view the video
- Designed a Managed Surveillance System, along with Network based video recording and Cloud Storage
- Surveillance access to every part of the industrial complex in real-time
- Provided real-time viewing stations and data on the cloud for review for up to 30 days
- Ability to archive important systems data as per the plant management requirements on the cloud
The whole solution is offered as a Managed Service with 12/7 coverage and uptimes in excess of 98%.
By providing this key solution, the customer has achieved:
- Higher safety for their employees, since they are no longer exposed all the time to the hazardous environment
- Better control and management of their industrial processes with least number of resources required making them more competitive